Accounts Payable Specialist
The Walton Family Foundation is seeking a skilled, highly motivated accounts payable specialist to provide financial, administrative, and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed, and expenses are controlled efficiently and accurately. This position will be located in our Bentonville, AR office.
What You Will Do
- Review all payments for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date and correct.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current policies, procedures, and processes.
- Audit and process expense reports for internal and external business partners.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Evaluate and report on deviations from authorized practices and procedures.
- Process transactions to journals, ledgers, and keep impeccable records of all payments.
- Prepare and process EFT payments and manage new EFT account set-ups.
- 1099 Maintenance.
- Assist with other clerical, accounting, and program support related duties as assigned.
Who We Are Looking For
Qualifications required for your success:
- Associates degree in accounting, OR a minimum of 3 years’ working in accounts payable, general accounting or related field.
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint.
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in accounting or related field.
- Experience using Microsoft GP.
- Experience working for a non-profit organization or foundation.
Personal attributes that support your success:
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, problem solver with a demonstrated capacity to meet deadlines and a commitment to customer service.
- Intellectual agility and the ability to analyze and think critically.
- Good interpersonal skills, a respectful attitude for the work of the Foundation and our grantees, and a demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Innate desire to improve processes and efficiencies, and be able to articulate ideas to peers, executives, and external partners.
- Time management skills, the ability to work independently with moderate to no supervision, willingness to take initiative, and capacity to take on additional projects.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity.
About the Walton Family Foundation
The Walton Family Foundation is, at its core, a family-led foundation. The children and grandchildren of our founders, Sam and Helen Walton, lead the foundation and create access to opportunity for people and communities. We work in three areas: improving K-12 education, protecting rivers and oceans and the communities they support, and investing in our home region of Northwest Arkansas and the Arkansas-Mississippi Delta. In 2017, the foundation awarded more than $535 million in grants in support of these initiatives. To learn more, visit waltonfamilyfoundation.org and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, with offices in Washington, D.C., Jersey City, New Jersey and Denver, Colorado, approximately 125 staff conduct the day-to-day operations of the foundation.
The Walton Family Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.