Administrative Assistant, Operations
Walton Family Foundation is seeking a skilled, highly motivated, and entrepreneurial individual to join the team as an Administrative Assistant to the Chief Strategy Officer of the Walton Family Foundation. The ideal teammate will have the demonstrated ability to support the efforts of the executive leadership of the Walton Family Foundation.
This role is based in Jersey City, NJ.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the organization to foster an environment where all associates THRIVE and belong. We do this by creating:
- a culture committed to continuous learning that recognizes and values differences
- an environment of respect and connection to learn from the richness of identities, experiences, and perspectives
- fair access for all to opportunities for growth and advancement
About the Position
You’ll join a top-notch team, providing administrative support and assisting team members with project management.
What you will do
You will be responsible for providing high-level project and administrative support to the Chief Strategy Officer. This position will coordinate day-to-day activities, manage administrative needs, and ensure the timely flow of information to and from the Executive Office. You will also facilitate regular and timely communication with leaders, staff, and key external relationships, such as the Board of Directors.
- Support the schedule of the Chief Strategy Officer and the day-to-day operations of the Strategy Department
- Schedule internal and external meetings for executives, including timely communications with internal/external stakeholders, reserving conference rooms and/or virtual meeting space, handling meeting logistics, drafting, and distributing agendas and taking minutes as needed
- Coordinate domestic and international travel logistics including flights, transportation, lodging and any other travel support as needed
- Serve as secondary support to the Executive Director, including full support while the Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director is out of the office
- Track, monitor and execute special projects assigned by the Strategy Office, including support on scheduling cross-departmental meetings, WFF-wide gatherings, grantee convenings and other leadership engagements
- Support for the build-out of a WFF-wide calendar managed by the Strategy Department
- Work closely with the Communications Department to prepare, calendar and support internal and external speaking engagements and conferences
- Manage credit card reports and departmental expenses, including supporting the department’s overall administrative budget
- Support the CSO in coordinating across strategic support functions of the foundation, including with HR, Technology, Communications, Strategy Learning & Evaluation, DEI, Grants Administration
- Support the Strategy Learning & Evaluation team as needed as part of the Strategy Department
- Work collaboratively with other associates and administrative assistants to ensure best practices are adopted and inclusive culture is nurtured
- Other duties as requested to meet department and organizational needs
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate must be organized, service-oriented and a self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial team environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community-oriented. They must exercise critical thinking and good judgment in all professional situations and apply excellent project management skills.
Qualifications required for your success
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience providing direct senior-level project and administrative support
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated competence with tracking, coordinating and follow-up of priorities and projects
- Superb professionalism and diplomacy; ability to interact with high-level individuals internally and externally
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a number of projects
Personal attributes that support your success
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor to principals and colleagues while demonstrating expertise and integrity
- You are helpful, a team player, and show respect while collaborating with others
- You are results-oriented and exercise sound judgment in your work
- A lifelong learner, who is inquisitive and solves problems with bold thinking and innovation
- A visionary who plans for the future with imagination and wisdom
- You are dedicated to achieving excellence and working with others to tackle the tasks at hand
All offers of employment are contingent on your successful completion (where permitted by state law) of a confidentiality agreement, background check and credit check. In addition, you will need to provide proper identification verifying your eligibility to work in the United States on your first day of work.
Compensation Range: $63,000 - $79,000
Benefits Information: We offer a comprehensive and generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401 (k) retirement plan and paid time off.
How to apply:
Applications must include an updated resume and a cover letter that explains how previous experiences have prepared you for this role and why this role in particular aligns with your career goals.
Click here to apply.
About the Walton Family Foundation
The Walton Family Foundation is, at its core, a family-led foundation. Three generations of the descendants of our founders, Sam and Helen Walton, and their spouses, work together to lead the foundation and create access to opportunity for people and communities. We work in three areas: improving K-12 education, protecting rivers and oceans and the communities they support, and investing in our home region of Northwest Arkansas and the Arkansas-Mississippi Delta. To learn more, visit waltonfamilyfoundation.org and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Walton Family Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.