Communications Support Associate
The Walton Family Foundation is seeking a skilled, highly motivated individual to join the foundation’s Bentonville office as a support associate for the communications team.
What you will do:
You will assist the foundation's overall communications efforts by providing administrative support to the communications team. You will report to the communications officer and work closely with the communications team and consultants, as well as with program and administrative staff from across the foundation.
Specific duties will include the following:
- Provide administrative support to communications team and assist with department operations
- Provide editorial support as needed, including proofreading and formatting presentations and documents
- Assist in management of foundation's email distribution system, including generating and incorporating new contacts
- Assist in scheduling and planning for events such as meetings, conferences and presentations, which may include coordinating arrangements for participants, handling logistics, and preparing and disseminating materials for various related entities
- Schedule appointments and meetings, manage calendars and make travel arrangements for team
- Gather daily news clips through media monitoring service
- Provide support for digital communications, including publishing on the website as needed
- Complete other projects and assignments as requested by the foundation's board, executive director and communications director
Who we are looking for:
You are a proactive, self-motivated professional who is eager to grow your career in a fast-paced and fun environment.
Characteristics that support your success:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving, with a demonstrated capacity to meet deadlines and a commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Fast learner, who isn’t afraid to tackle new challenges, takes initiative and looks for ways to improve process, etc.
- Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity
- A passionate commitment to the goals of the Walton Family Foundation programs and the ability/willingness to adapt as those goals evolve.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications or another relevant major
- Minimum of -1 year professional administrative experience or relevant internship required
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Knowledge and understanding of AP Stylebook
- Experience in an administrative role in a communications office requiring interaction with both internal and external customers
About the Walton Family Foundation
The Walton Family Foundation is, at its core, a family-led foundation. The children and grandchildren of our founders, Sam and Helen Walton, lead the foundation and create access to opportunity for people and communities. We work in three areas: improving K-12 education, protecting rivers and oceans and the communities they support, and investing in our home region of Northwest Arkansas and the Arkansas-Mississippi Delta. In 2017, the foundation awarded more than $535 million in grants in support of these initiatives. To learn more, visit waltonfamilyfoundation.org and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, with offices in Washington, D.C., Jersey City, New Jersey and Denver, Colorado, approximately 125 staff conduct the day-to-day operations of the foundation.
The Walton Family Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.