Deputy Director of Philanthropy Services Team, Walton Personal Philanthropy Group
Walton Enterprises is seeking a proactive, client-oriented, and execution-focused individual to join the team as a Deputy Director of Philanthropy Service Teams.
About the Position
This position will manage and develop multiple teams of philanthropy professionals that each implement the sizable philanthropy programs of a high net worth client in an extended family. This position will ensure the effectiveness of these staff members and the satisfaction of the clients by overseeing their work, their professional development, and their overall client service. Though the teams will be responsible for ongoing interaction with the clients, this position will be responsible for interfacing with clients as necessary to assess their team needs and address any issues.
This position will report to the Head of Walton Personal Philanthropy Group (WPPG), which is part of Walton Enterprises, the family office of the family of Sam and Helen Walton. The position will be located in Bentonville, Arkansas, but will manage teams in several office locations across the country.
What you will do
Manage and support teams of philanthropy professionals that serve different clients
- Oversee activity of philanthropy professionals on the team, ensuring excellent work is done on behalf of the client and that the team provides superior client service
- Develop the skills of philanthropy professionals on the team by coaching, training, and connecting them to resources
- Serve as a thought partner for the team on the work as well as client relationship management
- Intervene as necessary to solve service issues, ensuring that clients are satisfied
As needed, identify additional capacity needs on the team and work with recruiting to identify talented candidates and select new employees. Onboard new staff to ensure they are able to be effective in their roles.
Develop and maintain productive relationships with clients as service manager, not as the primary service provider.
When necessary, help teams solve challenging situations with clients
Coordinate with the Head of WPPG to implement initiatives across the organization
Identify patterns across the teams that require organizational support or assistance
Whom we are looking for
You are an accomplished, inspirational, and strategic leader who is passionate about having impact and building services for your clients. You must possess the business acumen and leadership skills necessary to lead the organization through a time of evolution and change. You must have the skills to foster an environment of creativity and innovation while leading an exceptional team with deep content expertise.
Qualifications required for your success
- 10+ years of leadership and strategy experience with a mission driven consulting firm or philanthropy organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong client service skills and significant experience in a client service business (e.g., consulting).
- Excellent people management skills, with the ability to manage and develop staff with a measured and insightful approach
- Strong experience with development of philanthropy strategies and execution of philanthropy portfolios
Additional Helpful Experience Includes
- Grantmaking and/or foundation management
- Entrepreneurial or Intrapreneurial experience, taking and managing associated risks
- Experience developing grant proposals, managing grants and grantees, and evaluating impact
- Experience with program-related investments
Personal attributes that support your success
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor to clients and colleagues while demonstrating expertise, discretion, and integrity
- You are helpful, a team player, and show respect while collaborating with others
- You are results oriented and exercise sound judgment in your work
- A lifelong learner, who is inquisitive and solves problems with bold thinking and innovation
- A visionary who plans for the future with imagination and wisdom
- You are dedicated to achieving excellence and work with others to tackle the tasks at hand
About the Walton Personal Philanthropy Group
The Walton Personal Philanthropy Group (WPPG) provides services to the family of Sam and Helen Walton to support their individual philanthropic activities. These services for the family and their related entities include program and grant management, impact strategy development and grant administration. WPPG is a part of Walton Enterprises, the family office of the Walton family.
About Walton Enterprises
Walton Enterprises (WEI) is a family office serving the personal and financial needs of multiple generations of the Walton family. Guided by Sam Walton’s values, WEI’s mission is to enable all family members to reach their personal, philanthropic, and business aspirations.
As the family’s wealth grows and a new generation takes on more meaningful roles, WEI is expanding the scope, depth and sophistication of its services, which include wealth management, legal, accounting, tax, risk management/insurance, technology, HR, construction, facilities management, as well as oversight of external resources and services for family members and their related entities. This is an exciting time to be part of this world class team.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.