The Walton Family Foundation is seeking a skilled, highly motivated, and entrepreneurial individual to join the foundation as a Grants Administrator.
About the Position
The primary duty of the Grants Administrator is to provide administrative support to the grants management function and support the process from grant approval through payment.
Specific duties include:
- Coordinate the grants management process from grant approval through payment.
- Assist with general correspondence with key internal and external stakeholders, creating and updating records in grant management and accounting systems.
- Provide legal and due diligence support by verifying that grants, contracts, and loans meet Foundation requirements regarding fiscal sponsorship relationships, charitable intent for-profit and foreign entities, regulations for advocacy activities, and compliance related to operational, reputational, and governance risks.
- Generate grant agreements, contractor services agreements, and program-related investment loan documents for a program; ensure the correct template is selected and that all required information from the application is correctly inserted and accurate such as applicant name, organization name and address, grant amount, project description, payment and reports schedules, and performance measures.
- Review grants and contracts records before issuing payments to ensure legal and programmatic documents are approved, data entry is complete, and payment stipulations are met. Perform the ACH verification process by ensuring ACH data is submitted and verified for new grantees or when ACH data is changed by existing grantees.
- Process payments for a program throughout grant and contract life cycles; ensure the correct payment template is selected, and that all required information from the application is correctly inserted and accurate, such as payment amounts and dates, contact names and signers, stipulations, and report dates.
- Draft and coordinate review of additional legal documents that support grantmaking activities. Manage the signature process for legal documents via DocuSign or similar digital signing process.
- Assist attorneys with legal research related to strategic initiatives and manage knowledge documentation for program-specific legal considerations.
- Complete other projects and assignments as requested, based on the needs of the department or Foundation. Examples include SGC Coordination, Expenditure Responsibility Reporting for the 990, legal document review, Foundation-wide initiative support, etc.
Who we are looking for
Qualifications required for your success
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and Zoom
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Minimum 2 years administrative work experience, preferably in an office environment
- Attention to detail, ensuring that documents are accurate, and deadlines are met
- Proven skills at organization and time management
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment on a consistent basis; able to anticipate needs and take initiative to get things done
- Demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team, as well as independently
Additional preferred qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience using grant management software (ex. Salesforce, EveryAction, or SmartSimple Amplify for Grantmakers)
Personal attributes that support your success
- You are helpful, a team player, and show respect while collaborating with others
- You are results oriented and exercise sound judgment in your work
- A lifelong learner, who is inquisitive and solves problems with bold thinking and innovation
- A visionary who plans with imagination and wisdom
- You are dedicated to achieving excellence and work with others to tackle the tasks at hand
About the Walton Family Foundation
The Walton Family Foundation is at its core, a family-led foundation. Three generations of the descendants of our founders, Sam and Helen Walton, and their spouses, work together to lead the foundation and create access to opportunity for people and communities. We work in three areas: improving K-12 education, protecting rivers and oceans and the communities they support, and investing in our home region of Northwest Arkansas and the Arkansas-Mississippi Delta. To learn more, visit Walton Family Foundation.
The Walton Family Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.