Walton Enterprises has an opening on the Walton Family Foundation Legal team seeking a skilled, highly motivated, and entrepreneurial individual to join the foundation as a Grants Administrator.
This role will preferably be based in Bentonville, Arkansas; other office locations are possible options. The salary base for this position ranges from $54,000 to $76,000, depending on geographic location.
Please include a cover letter with your resume.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the organization to foster an environment where all associates THRIVE and belong. We do this by creating:
- a culture committed to continuous learning that recognizes and values differences
- an environment of respect and connection to learning from the richness of identities, experiences, and perspectives
- fair access for all to opportunities for growth and advancement
About the Position
The Grants Administrator is an essential part of the foundation’s grants management function, working with stakeholders across teams throughout the grantmaking lifecycle. Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the foundation’s grant and contract processing through all stages from approval, drafting, and signature through payment, at all times communicating effectively with key internal and external stakeholders and maintaining accurate and complete records in the foundation’s grant management and accounting systems.
- Generate and coordinate review of grant agreements, contracts, and specialized documents such as loan agreements, and assist with creating additional documents and templates supporting grantmaking.
- Verify compliance of grants, contracts, and loans with foundation requirements and policies involving fiscal sponsorship relationships, charitable intent in grants to for-profit and foreign entities, and advocacy activities, as well as operational, reputational, and governance risks, working closely with the foundation’s legal team and program teams to identify and resolve issues.
- Process payments by verifying any preconditions to payment have been met, handling the ACH process, ensuring that all payment information is consistent and accurate, and troubleshooting issues with internal and external contacts.
- Develop and implement process improvements and manage knowledge documentation for program-specific legal considerations.
- Complete other projects and assignments as requested.
Who we are looking for
Qualifications required for your success
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, with a strong focus on effective client service
- Minimum 2 years of administrative work experience, preferably in an office environment
- Attention to detail, ensuring that documents are accurate, and deadlines are met
- Proven skills in organization and time management
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment on a consistent basis; able to anticipate needs and take initiative to get things done
- Demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team, as well as independently
Additional preferred qualifications
- Experience using grant management software (ex. Salesforce, EveryAction, or SmartSimple Amplify for Grantmakers)
Personal attributes that support your success
- You are helpful, a team player, and show respect while collaborating with others
- You are results-oriented and exercise sound judgment in your work
- A lifelong learner, who is inquisitive and solves problems with bold thinking and innovation
- A visionary who plans with imagination and wisdom
- You are dedicated to achieving excellence and working with others to tackle the tasks at hand
All offers of employment are contingent on your successful completion (where permitted by state law) of a confidentiality agreement, background check, and credit check. In addition, you will need to provide proper identification verifying your eligibility to work in the United States on your first day of work.
How to Apply
Applications must include an updated resume and a cover letter that explains how previous experiences have prepared you for this role and why this role in particular aligns with your career goals.
Click here to submit your application.
About the Walton Family Foundation
The Walton Family Foundation is at its core, a family-led foundation. Three generations of the descendants of our founders, Sam and Helen Walton, and their spouses, work together to lead the foundation and create access to opportunity for people and communities. We work in three areas: improving K-12 education, protecting rivers and oceans and the communities they support, and investing in our home region of Northwest Arkansas and the Arkansas-Mississippi Delta. To learn more, visit Walton Family Foundation.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.