Program Support Associate, Grants Administration
The Walton Family Foundation is seeking a skilled, highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to join the foundation’s Bentonville, AR office as a program support associate for the Grants Administration Team.
What you will do
- Perform operational components of the grants management process, such as coordinating the proposal intake process, verifying nonprofit eligibility status, generating correspondence as needed, requesting additional information of applicants, creating and maintaining database/physical system records, and preparing routine and custom management reports.
- Assist with general correspondence, requests for information, creation and updating of files and records including grantee acknowledgment letters, grant payments etc.
- Assist with tasks related to consultants, including but not limited to consultant contracts, budgets/expenses and payments.
- Schedule appointments and meetings, manage calendars.
- Support all program areas as needed or requested.
- Complete other projects and assignments, based on the needs of the department and/or the foundation.
- Build packet for weekly internal staff meeting and take minutes of the meeting. Manage other elements as needed for weekly internal staff meeting, including but not limited to managing agenda, tracking attendance of voting members and providing general meeting support.
Who we are looking for
Qualifications required for your success
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of one to three years work experience, preferably in an administrative role in a nonprofit office environment requiring interaction with both internal and external “customers”
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint
Personal attributes that support your success
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proactive approach to assisting colleagues and delivering excellent customer service
- Attention to detail and problem solving, with a demonstrated capacity to meet deadlines
- Intellectual agility and the ability to analyze, think critically, and understand emerging issues that are directly relevant to programmatic funding areas
- Comfortable asking questions and contributing new ideas
- Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity
About the Walton Family Foundation
The Walton Family Foundation is, at its core, a family-led foundation. The children and grandchildren of our founders, Sam and Helen Walton, lead the foundation and create access to opportunity for people and communities. The Foundation’s giving is focused on three areas: improving K-12 education, protecting rivers and oceans, and the communities they support, and investing in our home region of Northwest Arkansas and the Arkansas-Mississippi Delta. In 2017, the foundation awarded more than $535 million in grants in support of these initiatives. To learn more, visit waltonfamilyfoundation.org and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, with offices in Washington, D.C., Jersey City, New Jersey and Denver, Colorado, approximately 125 staff conduct the day-to-day operations of the foundation.
The Walton Family Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability