Program Support Associate, K-12 Education
The Walton Family Foundation is seeking a skilled, highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to join the foundation as a K-12 Program Support Associate.
About the Position
The primary duty of the PSAs is to support smooth execution of the team’s operations, budgeting, strategy, and grant making. Specific duties include:
Grants Management Support (60% of time)
- Assist program officers administratively - editing and strengthening grant write-ups, tracking grant letters and payments, and coordinating grantee reporting;
- Collaborate with the budget team to track grants that are in the pipeline, and follow up on payments and outstanding grantee reports;
- Act as liaison between K-12 team and home office administration for information and updated processes;
Operations (30% of time)
- Perform operational, technical, and analytical tasks to support the work of the K-12 program;
- Prepare documents, take minutes, and compile follow-up notes for key meetings;
- Coordinate events/meetings and professional development opportunities for team members;
Additional Duties (10% of time)
- Act as representative of the foundation to grantees and external partners;
- Special projects, as assigned.
Who we are looking for
Qualifications required for your success
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint
- 3–5 years of full-time professional experience or significant internship experience, preferably in an office environment
Additional Helpful Experience Includes
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
Personal attributes that support your success
- Service orientation and partnership: This is a role that provides critical support to program officers, grantees, and ultimately the entire team. As such, PSAs should operate with sensitivity to the needs of those they support, build strong relationships, and help make the work easier.
- Attention to detail: There are many facets of this role that require ensuring that a document is accurate, a deadline is met or a process is operating in service of team outcomes. PSAs must operate with a high degree of awareness of and appreciation for what might seem like “small” details.
- Proactive problem solving: There are a lot of moving pieces in the PSA role, and sometimes only the PSA is aware of them all at a given time. This requires that a PSA anticipate and identify potential challenges and roadblocks and suggest solutions (to manager, POs, others) in order to keep work on track.
About the Walton Family Foundation
The Walton Family Foundation is at its core, a family-led foundation. Three generations of the descendants of our founders, Sam and Helen Walton, and their spouses, work together to lead the foundation and create access to opportunity for people and communities. We work in three areas: improving K-12 education, protecting rivers and oceans and the communities they support, and investing in our home region of Northwest Arkansas and the Arkansas-Mississippi Delta. To learn more, visit Walton Family Foundation.
About the K-12 Education Program
We believe children must have access to a high-quality education that works for them in order to have a lifetime of opportunity.
- Support the growth of schools that transform the lives of children, especially those from low-income communities;
- Collaborate with schools of all kinds – public charter schools, district schools and private schools – on bold ideas for change;
- Support excellence in teaching by helping educators do their best for students; and
- Believe in the uniqueness of each child, school and community, and that there is no one-size-fits-all solution.
Learn more about the K-12 Education Program strategy here.
Compensation and Benefits
The Walton Family Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should e-mail their application documents to Jamie Truman (email@example.com) with “Program Support Associate Position” as the subject line.
Applications must include an updated resume and a cover letter that explains which of your previous experiences have prepared you for this role and how this position aligns with your longer-term career goals.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The Walton Family Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.