Program Support Associate, Walton Personal Philanthropy Group
Walton Enterprises is seeking a proactive, detail oriented, and execution-focused individual to join the team as a Program Support Associate. The ideal teammate is creative in their approach to solving problems and can work independently.
About the Position
The Program Support Associate will work as part of a team under the supervision of the WPPG Deputy Director.
What you will do
The primary duty of the PSA is to support smooth execution of the family members’ philanthropy through grants management, expense processing and related budgeting and correspondence. Specific duties include:
- Assist program staff in the preparation and processing of internal grant-related documents relative to the Waltons’ personal philanthropy, including grant inquiry research, grant write-ups, grant letters, grant payments and allocation tracking.
- Assist program staff in populating grant-reporting forms and templates.
- Assist with general correspondence, requests for information, creation and updating of files and records including grantee acknowledgment letters, follow-up reports, etc.
- Assist program staff with reviewing financial and narrative reports on grants and tracking progress in meeting grant deliverables, and summarize such for program staff’s dissemination to appropriate Board Member(s).
- Perform operational components of the grants management process, such as assisting with the proposal intake process, verifying nonprofit eligibility status, generating correspondence as needed, requesting additional information of applicants, creating and maintaining database/physical system records, and preparing routine and custom management reports.
- Assist with tasks related to personal philanthropy expenses, including but not limited to consultant contracts, payments and budgets.
- Support program staff with research on program-related issues.
- Work with Operations and IT on requirements for custom reports, online grant cycles, etc.
- Assist in scheduling and planning for major events, such as retreats or grantee convenings.
- Complete other projects and assignments as requested by WPPG staff, including program officers, the Deputy Director and the Head of WPPG.
Who we are looking for
Qualifications required for your success
- 3 years of full-time professional experience, preferably in a nonprofit office environment requiring interaction with both internal and external “customers”
- Highly proficient with various technology platforms – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Additional Helpful Experience Includes
- Bachelor’s degree
Personal attributes that support your success
- Very strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor with demonstrated ability to maintain discretion in dealing with highly confidential information
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently and with remote supervision
- Ability to serve as a trusted advisor to family clients, colleagues and consultants and exhibit humility, integrity and exercise sound judgment
- Relentless in the pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement. You have a proven background of developing team members, enhancing processes, systems and platforms to increase operational efficiency. You empower others to make a difference
- A passion to serve in a way that demonstrates respect and care for family and staff, exceeds expectations and has fun along the way
About the Walton Personal Philanthropy Group
The Walton Personal Philanthropy Group (WPPG) provides services to the family of Sam and Helen Walton to support their individual philanthropic activities. These services for the family and their related entities include program and grant management, strategy consulting and grant administration. WPPG is a part of Walton Enterprises, the family office of the Walton family.
About Walton Enterprises
Walton Enterprises (WEI) is a family office serving the personal and financial needs of multiple generations of the Walton family. Guided by Sam Walton’s values, WEI’s mission is to enable all family members to reach their personal, philanthropic, and business aspirations.
As the family’s wealth grows and a new generation takes on more meaningful roles, WEI is expanding the scope, depth and sophistication of its services, which include wealth management, legal, accounting, tax, risk management/insurance, technology, HR, construction, facilities management, as well as oversight of external resources and services for family members and their related entities. This is an exciting time to be part of this world class team.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.