Technical Operations Manager
The Walton Family Foundation is seeking a skilled, highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to join the foundation’s Bentonville, AR, office as a technical operations manager.
About the Position
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Operations and Chief Information Officer, the Technical Operations Manager will be responsible for the optimization of day-to-day operations by maintaining and enhancing the software, technology, and data infrastructure that will allow the Walton Family Foundation to continue to grow and fulfill its mission.
Specific duties include the following:
- Function as the subject matter expert and system administrator for various foundation applications and technologies including the grants management system. This entails building and editing complex forms and online grant applications, user portals, workflows, reports and dashboards.
- Create a variety of reports and data visualizations for individuals and teams across the organization; aggregate data from multiple sources using technologies such as O-data Excel, Tableau and other business intelligence tools.
- Manage and oversee technology-based projects, including the development and tracking of user requirements, technical requirements, project plans, milestones, tasks, timelines, training and change management plans.
- Perform technical and business analysis to assess user’s IT and data needs, and translate those needs into requirements and user stories for future development.
- Ensure the foundation’s IT infrastructure supports efficient and professional management of the grantmaking process from concept through approval through final reporting; ensure efficient integration of workflow, processes and procedures into systems.
- Maintain the data integrity of the grants management system and corresponding databases.
- Manage the relationship with the grants management system provider; identify and oversee system changes, enhancements and break fixes.
- Install, test, and troubleshoot application and service pack updates and upgrades. Test new functionality and workflows and communicate changes across the organization.
- Log user issues and enhancement requests; provide initial triage and in-house troubleshooting for staff and grantees; keep users apprised of progress through status reports, presentations and other communications.
- Develop and provide ongoing user training.
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through technology and process improvements to each function (HR, Program Teams, Finance) as well as coordination and communication between functions.
Who we are looking for
Qualifications required for your success
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of seven years of work experience in a professional grantmaking environment or equivalent experience
- Five years of experience as systems administrator of a commercial grants management system
Additional preferred qualifications
- Master’s degree
- Experience leading complex development and systems integration projects
- Experience in workflow management as well as integration of workflow with IT systems
Additional helpful experience includes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven skills at organization and time management
- Demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Intellectual agility and the ability to analyze, think critically, and understand operational issues in a grantmaking environment
- Understanding of the Foundation’s overall mission
- Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity
About the Walton Family Foundation
The Walton Family Foundation is, at its core, a family-led foundation. The children and grandchildren of our founders, Sam and Helen Walton, lead the foundation and create access to opportunity for people and communities. We work in three areas: improving K-12 education, protecting rivers and oceans and the communities they support, and investing in our home region of Northwest Arkansas and the Arkansas-Mississippi Delta. In 2017, the foundation awarded more than $535 million in grants in support of these initiatives. To learn more, visit waltonfamilyfoundation.org and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, with offices in Washington, D.C., Jersey City, New Jersey and Denver, Colorado, approximately 125 staff conduct the day-to-day operations of the foundation.
The Walton Family Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.