The Walton Family Foundation is seeking a skilled, highly motivated and customer-service-oriented individual to join the Education Program as a coordinator.
This is a full-time role based in Jersey City, NJ.
About the Position
The primary duty of the coordinator will be to provide scheduling and operational support to the Education Program Director. This fast-paced position plays a key role in the success of the Director and the entire team. You will need initiative and decisiveness combined with flexibility and a capacity to give and receive feedback graciously.
Specific duties include:
- Calendar Management: Provide administrative and operational support to the Director, including scheduling meetings and conference calls and managing/updating calendars. Provide support to other senior leaders as directed.
- Travel & Logistics: Plan and organize travel arrangements to include researching and booking the best options, addressing necessary changes/adjustments in a timely manner, organizing itineraries, and preparing related expense reports.
- Meeting Support: Provide critical logistical support for complex internal and external meetings, including corresponding with attendees, reserving conference rooms, managing vendors, handling logistics, and supporting the Director on any related requests.
- Task Management & Execution: Organize and track follow-ups, to-dos, and next steps on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Work collaboratively on a variety of assignments including drafting emails, supporting team building and culture initiatives, and providing support to other team members as directed.
- Customer Service: Build and maintain relationships with internal team members and external stakeholders, helping to promote positive and supportive partnerships.
- Internal Administrative Processes: Support several important internal administrative processes requiring spreadsheet management, database tracking, and document organizing and archiving.
- Operational support: Anticipate Director’s administrative and operational needs and respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities and requests.
Who we are looking for
Qualifications required for your success
- 3+ years of full-time professional experience providing direct administrative support
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated competence with tracking, coordinating and following-up on projects
Personal attributes that support your success
- You act as a trusted advisor to colleagues while demonstrating mastery of the details
- You are helpful, collaborative, and show respect while collaborating with others
- You are results-oriented and exercise sound judgment in your work
- You anticipate problems and solve them before they arise
- You are dedicated to achieving excellence and working with others to tackle the tasks at hand
All offers of employment are contingent on your successful completion (where permitted by state law) of a confidentiality agreement, background check and credit check. In addition, you will need to provide proper identification verifying your eligibility to work in the United States on your first day of work.
Compensation Range: $67,000 - $84,000
We offer a comprehensive and generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401 (k) retirement plan and paid time off.
About the Walton Family Foundation
The Walton Family Foundation is, at its core, a family-led foundation. Three generations of the descendants of our founders, Sam and Helen Walton, and their spouses, work together to lead the foundation and create access to opportunity for people and communities. We work in three areas: improving K-12 education, protecting rivers and oceans and the communities they support, and investing in our home region of Northwest Arkansas and the Arkansas-Mississippi Delta. To learn more, visit waltonfamilyfoundation.org and follow us on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram.
The Education Program
Learn more about the Education Program strategy here.
Click here to apply.
Applications must include an updated resume and a cover letter that explains how previous experiences have prepared you for this role and why this role aligns with your career goals.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The Walton Family Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.