Walton Family Foundation and Walton Enterprises are seeking a customer focused Computer Support Technician for our office in Washington, D.C.
About the Walton Family Foundation and Walton Enterprises
Sam and Helen Walton had an unshakeable belief in the power of people to transform their own lives. As Sam said, there is no limit to what individuals can accomplish if “given the opportunity, the encouragement and the incentive to do their best.” Today that “no limits” philosophy is carried forward by their descendants through the Walton Family Foundation and Walton Enterprises.
What you’ll do:
The Computer Support Technician is responsible for ensuring the proper functioning of user workstations, software and peripherals. You’ll install, maintain and repair computers and networks. You will be the one to ensure that adequate IT infrastructure is in and used to its maximum capabilities.
- Install, test and update computer equipment (computers, servers, peripherals and software applications)
- Provide user support and basic training on computer hardware and software both in person and over the phone to remote users
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems
- Work with vendors to solve problems with defective hardware products and malfunctioning software
- Microsoft Windows OS support
- Mac OS support
- Network troubleshooting
- Printer troubleshooting and maintenance
- Mobile device support
- Regular and good attendance to work
- Drive an automobile on company business
Knowledge, skills & abilities needed to support your success
As a computer support technician you must be well versed in computer systems and network functions. The ideal candidate will be able to work diligently and accurately and will possess a great problem-solving ability in order to fix issues and ensure functionality. The goal is to install and maintain high quality networks and computer systems.
You must have:
- Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity
- Technical knowledge of the techniques and procedures in hardware, software and network support for multiple users.
- Demonstrated knowledge of installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment
- Ability to work with/on personal computer equipment
- Analytical skills to assess problems or unusual situations and develop solutions
- Ability to independently perform all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users
- Training skills to coach and support non-technical users
- Ability to work without close supervision with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible to provide excellent customer service along with the ability to professionally give and receive feedback
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to drive an automobile
You are required to have the following basic qualifications:
- Associates Degree or higher in Computer Science, engineering or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of hardware and software support experience
- Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Valid driver’s license.
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Relevant certifications are an advantage
- Telecommunication support experience