At the Walton Family Foundation, we hold ourselves to a high standard of performance and impact. The way we work together and with others in our community – whether Walton family members, fellow employees or partners/grantees – reflects a commitment to demonstrating the qualities and characteristics that support a healthy, positive working environment. We should feel empowered to hold one another accountable for demonstrating these principles in our day-to-day work. To actively live out our mission, vision and values:
We are people who
- Demonstrate respect, integrity and honesty;
- Value diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Are innovative, creative and entrepreneurial;
- Are knowledgeable in our respective areas of expertise, yet curious about new ideas and comfortable challenging the status quo;
- Seek to elevate team over self, considering and actively engaging with others who will be impacted by our work and decisions; and
- Focus on strategic impact, over personal agendas.
Working in an environment that
- Values and recognizes diverse expertise, beliefs and life experiences and seeks to learn from those differences;
- Solicits and embraces open-minded thinking from those in our community;
- Provides opportunity to unlock the potential of its employees;
- Challenges assumptions, biases or behaviors that don’t contribute to a respectful workplace; and
- Promotes, encourages and models quality of life for all employees.