When using our Site, you may voluntarily provide information about yourself, including your name, contact information, and any other information you choose to provide. For example, we collect this information when you join our email list or request additional information or publications. The Foundation does not knowingly collect information from minors.
We may use your information for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To respond to your inquiries, including requests for information or publications;
- To operate and improve our services;
- To operate, personalize, and improve the Site, including for analytics purposes;
- To send updates that may be of interest to you;
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our Site; or
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
We only share the information we collect with the following third parties:
- Third-party service providers who process information on our behalf to help us respond to your requests;
- Any affiliates or joint venture partners that we may have in the future;
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, to comply with law, to protect and defend our rights, the rights of third parties, or our property, or to protect the safety or security of any person or entity;
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
The Foundation does not sell information about visitors to its website.
The Site may offer interactive features that you can use to communicate with other Site visitors or to submit and post your own content. If you disclose information in one of these forums, this information can be viewed, collected, and used by others. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, the Foundation will take reasonable measures to protect any information acquired by the Foundation from users by storing it in a secure operating area that is not available to the public. Visitors should exercise caution when deciding to disclose critical information to the Foundation via email or otherwise through the website.
The Foundation uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Third-Party Links and Tools
The Site also includes integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public.
Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any accounts you create and use.
To opt out of our email marketing, you can use the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message. If you opt out of our email marketing, we will still send you messages related to our transactions and relationship with you. You may also correct, update or deactivate your account by contacting us at email@example.com.
If our information practices change, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.
Questions and Comments