Program Support Associate, Home Region Program
The Walton Family Foundation is seeking a skilled, highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to join the foundation’s Bentonville office as a program support associate for the Home Region Program.
About the Position
The primary duty of the PSAs is to support smooth execution of the team’s operations, budgeting, strategy, and grant making. Specific duties include:
- Assist foundation staff in the preparation and processing of internal grant-related documents, including grant inquiry research, write-ups, grant letters, grant tracking, grant payments, and grantee reporting.
- Assist with general correspondence, requests for information, creation and updating of files and records including grantee acknowledgment letters, follow up reports, etc.
- Schedule appointments and meetings, manage calendars, support the Home Region Director.
- Compile a variety of narrative and statistical reports, locate sources of information, devise forms needed to secure data; determine proper format for finished reports; may edit draft staff correspondence for grammatical and punctuation errors.
- Manage special projects for the Home Region Director or Program Coordinator.
Who we are looking for
Qualifications required for your success:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint
- 1 – 2 years of full-time professional experience or significant internship experience, preferably in an office environment
Personal attributes that support your success:
- Service orientation and partnership: This is a role that provides critical support to program officers, grantees, and ultimately the entire team. As such, PSAs should operate with sensitivity to the needs of those they support, build strong relationships, and help make the work easier.
- Attention to detail: There are many facets of this role that require ensuring that a document is accurate, a deadline is met or a process is operating in service of team outcomes. PSAs must operate with a high degree of awareness of and appreciation for what might seem like “small” details.
- Proactive problem solving: There are a lot of moving pieces in the PSA role, and sometimes only the PSA is aware of them all at a given time. This requires that a PSA anticipate and identify potential challenges and roadblocks and suggest solutions (to manager, POs, others) in order to keep work on track.
About the Walton Family Foundation
The Walton Family Foundation is, at its core, a family-led foundation. The children and grandchildren of our founders, Sam and Helen Walton, lead the foundation and create access to opportunity for people and communities. The Foundation’s giving is focused on three areas: improving K-12 education, protecting rivers and oceans and the communities they support, and investing in our home region of Northwest Arkansas and the Arkansas-Mississippi Delta. The Foundation also invests in areas of deep personal interest to individual family members.
Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, with offices in Washington, D.C., Jersey City, New Jersey and Denver, Colorado, approximately 110 staff conduct the day-to-day operations of the foundation.
About the Home Region Program
We honor our roots by helping build opportunity in the communities that first gave the Walton family opportunity.
In Northwest Arkansas, we:
- Continue to improve the quality of life for a fast-growing population of all ages, incomes and cultures; and
- Work locally and on the world stage establishing the region as a global leader in arts, education and overall quality of life.
In the Arkansas-Mississippi Delta region, we:
- Create access to educational and economic opportunity.
Learn more about the Home Region Program strategy here .
The Walton Family Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.