1. What Issues Matter to U.S. Voters?
FiveThirtyEight: The Big Issues of the 2016 Campaign And where the presidential candidates stand on them, Nov. 19, 2015
Communities in Schools: Poll: Public Education, Poverty is a Top Priority, Nov. 5, 2015
2. Optimism about Local Schools
3. People Misunderstand School Funding
Education Next — Survey 2016, Questions 4 and 5
Education Next — Program on Education Policy and Governance — Survey 2015, Questions 6, 8, 10, and 11
National Center for Education Statistics: Fast Facts, Expenditures
National Center for Education Statistics: Public School Revenue Sources, April 2016
4. What Do Most Americans Support?
5. What Issues Divide Americans?
6. What Do Many People Oppose?
7. Americans Support School Choice
8. Parents Care about More Than Testing and Metrics
9. Opinions Can Change Over Time