Walton Family Foundation investments are helping cement the area’s reputation as a national leader in arts and culture, entrepreneurship, education and access to green spaces.
Preserving a Sense of Place
Access to green space, vibrant downtowns, extensive networks of trails and paths and the highest level of design are part of what makes Northwest Arkansas so special.
The foundation works to preserve the unique character of our community and its natural and built environment through programs that:
- Increase natural-surface trails and usage of natural amenities
- Increase preserved and maintained public green space
- Increase regional coordination of downtown revitalization and well-planned growth policies
- Increase regional coordination of infrastructure and transportation networks
- Increase the knowledge base of local leaders in urban planning approaches that preserve quality of life
- Improve and protect water quality
A Leader in Arts and Cultural Amenities
Arts and culture are critical to a thriving community, and we aim to establish the region as a worldwide leader. We invest in efforts that strengthen arts and cultural programming to provide all residents access to nationally recognized visual and performing arts amenities. We work to:
- Ensure continued operations of regional anchor arts and culture organizations
- Increase attendance and exposure to supported amenities
- Support a greater breadth of performing and visual arts opportunities
- Increase national recognition of the region’s arts and cultural offerings
Coordinated Regional Economic Development
We encourage communities to collaborate on economic development to ensure long-term vitality of the region. We envision a region that fosters entrepreneurship, supports a diverse economy and that continues to grow and attract talent. To boost vitality, we invest in:
- Increased regional coordination on economic development policy and projects
- Developing a culture of entrepreneurship
World-Class Pre-K-12 Options
We support efforts to create world-class Pre-K-12 schools that not only rank at the top in the state, but that are also global leaders.
We invest in:
- Providing funding assistance for best-in-class district, public charter and independent schools
- Closing the achievement gap between students of differing race and socioeconomic status
- Increasing advance placement academic program choice and innovation
November 5, 2019I feel lucky to work with people brimming with tremendous ideas to help the region prosper.
October 30, 2019In Northwest Arkansas, Startup Crawl celebrates a community bubbling with innovative talent.
August 12, 2019In Northwest Arkansas, RootED NWA is helping diverse communities understand and access the school options available for their kids